Saturday, September 10, 2011

le bonheur est dans le pré

my typical weekend rolls from wednesday to friday. after a lovely dinner party on wednesday, kyra and i took the southshore line up to my mom's farm. we needed to get out of the city and be somewhere that time passes a little differently.


i'm taking a little credit for kyra's outfit, since that's my suede jacket, and later, my red scarf.


both pairs of amazing duck boots belong to my mama. these are about three sizes too big on kyra, (and two sizes overlarge on me) but there wasn't really anything else suited to canoeing and general mucking about.



middle lake. we'd been rowing against a strong current.


big ben at dusk. 




the true PYT is doing feathers for the season.

i'm glad to be back in the city, eating lunch at work, but i really look forward to visiting michigan again soon. kyra hadn't been up since my fifteenth birthday, which was too long ago. it feels wonderful to bring new guests.

1 comment:

  1. it looks like a dream. i want more pictures of stripey!

    ReplyDelete