Thursday, May 31, 2012

thread petals

recently, while visiting michigan, i pillaged my mom's storage. this dress belonged to my grandmother, but still had it's original tags on. though i detest pink clothing --pink is charming in nature, saccharine on women -- it always feels amazing to pull something so beautifully made over my head. it is in mint condition, with a matching sash, but i thought my black scarf would pop.

i know people monetize their blogs by selling ad space; but i also heard of a blogger that re-sells her garments. she puts together a cute outfit and then readers can buy the elements. this dress, as lovely as it is, will never be something that i wear into the world. even though it was my grandmother's, i'd rather it be enjoyed. after all, my grandma Lois never even wore it. (it's not really her style... i wonder if it was actually bought for my mother or aunt -- not that i can imagine either of them touching it with a 10ft pole.) women in my fam don't really do femme.




pale pink embroidered dress by Miss Elliette, from the 60s. white leather bow booties by Hot in Hollywood

Valentino Spring 2012
this dress immediately called to mind the Valentino spring runway. the proportions and the lace and the palette.

No comments:

Post a Comment