Friday, January 20, 2012

limes





saw this simple 3.1 phillip lim dress in a couple luxury web stores. it was deeply discounted, but not in my size. it was in his f/w2011 runway, but shown so oversized as to be bufu -- and i love me some slouchiness in proportion play.


now i'm hunting it on ebay, even though i'm a little like "i could sew that." i could also make some alterations, like not include the weird framing detail on the shoulders. however, i like that the material is wool crepe and that color is wonderful. could i find that at vogue, or at the funky fabric closeout place near my house?


other appreciable aspects: body-skimming, not tight. leggy in the front. asymmetrical, but not to the extent that it will look dated. clean. a little flirty and nerdy.


if i don't win it with my fairly conservative bid, i will have to make it myself, or perhaps several versions, if i can figure out a good pattern.















No comments:

Post a Comment