Sunday, March 11, 2012

bleak acres

forgot about this 'editorial' i shot and 'styled' myself back on valentine's day. i went up to my mom's farm to cuddle with my true sweetheart -- stripey (he came with that moniker). everything garment that went into my backpack was impractical, because i wanted to do this green-acres-inspired pictorial, even though i've never seen the show. vogue has riffed on it numerous times. and it's an easy juxtapostion -- tailored brights pop in a muddy, bleak atmosphere. there's a bit of a 60s spin, too.


our girl arrives on the farm. vintage dress, dkny l/s, rodarte x target cardigan, chelsea crew wingtips

surveying the property -- and livestock

escaping reality

exploring the household (my little boy makes a cameo)

vintage pendleton blazer, BR silk sweater, zara trousers

prepared to get muddy. H&M dress, erin fetherston x target blouse, vintage scarf

yep. my mom. with mimi, meadow, and ....third m-ewe.


notes:
none of this would have been possible without a self-timer, but i still didn't get the shots i wanted.
it was really cold. ice everywhere. low tolerance for that.
playing dress-up and doing self-portraits still gives me crazy, paralyzing, cognitive dissonance.
i am not always my own best stylist.
there was a lot more landscape i would have liked to utilize.
having a second model would have been so awesome, for interactions and drama.
the contemporary shot, in my everyday beanie and cardigan, is my favorite, due to the lighting.
props make any pose less awkward.
wide-angle lens is pretty much always better.

No comments:

Post a Comment